There had also been passenger stations in Guelph that were built by the Canadian Pacific Railway .  The first CPR station, from the 1800s, was the Priory House station, converted from the first house in Guelph. It stood opposite the current Priory Square and was eventually dismantled.  Its replacement, located between Cardigan Street and the Speed River, was a brick building erected in 1911.     After this brick building was no longer used as a rail station, it was converted for other purposes; eventually it was moved to the Galt area of Cambridge, Ontario .